What is the Cost of Dental Implants?
Dr. Stephen Chan and his team will take the time to carefully explain all aspects of care, budgeting, and scheduling. Many patients are initially surprised to hear their dental implant plan’s estimated cost. Yet, when they understand how that cost breaks down over several phases of treatment and delivers flawless, functional results, most patients think it’s worth the investment. On this page, we have discussed a few factors that will influence the costs of dental implants. Still, the only way to get an accurate estimate of the cost of dental implants for your specific plan is to call Dr. Chan and his dental team to schedule an appointment at (619) 464-2801.
Where Do The Majority Of The Costs Come From?
The majority of the cost of your dental implant replacement plan will likely stem from the cost of your dental implant posts and the surgical placement. Depending on the manufacturer, materials, and other factors, a single implant can range in price from $500 to $3000 or more. Sometimes, even before the implant post is placed.
Factors that Influence The Cost:
In addition to the price of dental implant posts, some other factors will influence the cost of your implant replacement plan, including:
- The number of teeth missing.
- Type of dental restoration used (denture, crown, bridge)
- Materials used for dental implant posts, abutments, and restoration
- Use of sedation to maintain maximum comfort
- Need for preparatory tissue grafts or tooth extractions
Dental Insurance Coverage
The last factor that can influence the cost of your dental implant treatment plan is dental insurance. Dental insurance benefits usually don’t cover dental implant posts or their placement. But, your insurance may cover other aspects of your tooth replacement plan. These include replacement teeth, preparatory procedures, and even dental sedation in some cases. Dr. Stephen Chan and his team will do our utmost to maximize all available benefits to help you to obtain the most from your dental coverage.
Benefits Worth the Investment
If you’re still unsure, we will encourage you to at least schedule a tooth replacement consultation. Dr. Chan will review the advantages and disadvantages of every tooth replacement option available to complete your smile during this appointment. In addition, some of the benefits of dental implants we will discuss include:
- Unlike other tooth replacement options, dental implants replace the roots of missing teeth. Dental implants improve overall oral health by protecting surrounding teeth and oral structures from damage when setting a traditional fixed bridge, partial, or full denture.
- Additionally, the dental implant provides the stimulus necessary to support healthy jawbone density and gum tissue volume, preserve the shape of your mouth and jawline, and prevent other shifts or changes to your overall oral structures.
- While traditional tooth replacement treatments need to be repaired or replaced every five to ten years, an implant-supported restoration can last two to three decades.
- Natural-looking and feeling implant-supported restorations allow you to eat your favorite foods and easily maintain your at-home oral hygiene routine.
Contact SmileHaven Dental Center Today!
Contact our La Mesa dental office staff at (619) 464-2801 to schedule a free consultation for dental implants. Dr. Stephen Chan and his team will answer all your questions about the cost of dental implants and more. Our team has treated patients for dental implants in La Mesa, Spring Valley, Santee, Lakeside, Allied Gardens, San Carlos, Granite Hills, and all around San Diego.